About the Job
This is an excellent opportunity with a firm that values its employees and their professional growth. The Mergers and Acquisition (M&A) Tax Manager will work with closely held businesses within our larger Tax services team. More specifically, this position will provide opportunities to assist our clients with various aspects of merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships, and insolvency. You’ll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyze, and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.
DiSanto, Priest & Co. is a well-respected public accounting firm that has received both local and national recognition and has also been named by the Providence Business News as one of the Best Places to Work for eleven consecutive years.
- Demonstrate proven intimate knowledge of, and/or success in roles managing, the performance of financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices including corporate M&A, private equity, post-deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency, including the following areas:
- Tax consulting and planning e.g., analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks and/or undetermined tax benefits
- Transaction structuring for tax issues and corporate restructuring e.g., advising clients on tax-efficient restructuring, working capital requirements
- Due diligence e.g., interpreting complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and preparing for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS
- Strategy formulation and financial modeling e.g., performing financial analyses to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions
- Demonstrate proven intimate abilities and success with applying and interpreting U.S. federal income tax law as it relates to tax due diligence exercises, including Subchapter S and C corporations, partnerships, consolidated groups, corporate bankruptcies and insolvencies, tax efficient structuring and use of debt, the reorganization provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, and technical writing and reviewing of opinion letters and memorandums.
- Manage multiple engagements including compliance, consulting, and tax planning services
- Assist clients and our audit and attestation Team with all aspects of FASB ASC Topic 740 compliance
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart
- Work on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm
- Assist with new business development, extended service, and tax issue recognition for existing clients
- Remain up to date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Serve as a Career Advisor, mentor, or coach to one or more employees, which will include providing honest and timely performance feedback
- Other duties as assigned
- CPA or JD certification required; MST preferred
- 6+ years of experience in a tax role with a public accounting firm, or equivalent private industry, with a focus in M&A Tax
- Comprehensive understanding of U.S. tax law/rules and implications
- Demonstrate, on every level, that you are a purpose-led and values-driven leader
- Deal with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realizes they are required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple engagements
- Experience with CCH Suite (Axcess) ProFx Tax, Engagement, and Document) a plus
We have a strong commitment to our employees’ professional development and career advancement.
In addition to a flexible, casual work environment and culture, we offer excellent compensation and a
comprehensive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, group life and long-term
disability insurance, 401(k) and Section 125 plans, and much more.