A step-up in basis is the readjustment of the value of an appreciated asset, such as real estate, for income tax purposes upon inheritance.Read More
Welcome to our Real Estate & Construction Blog!
We’re committed to bringing you a regular dose of accounting goodness, geared towards your industry. But before you dive in, here is a little of the who, what, where, why and when regarding this blog.
- Who we are – at DiSanto Priest we recognize the need for specialization in the accounting industry. Real Estate & Construction is one of six industries which we have identified as focus areas for our firm. Our other industry focuses include Technology, Manufacturing, Commerical Fishing, Precious Metals, and Professional Services. As with many of our clients, your real estate or construction-driven business may cross over into our other verticals so be sure to sign up for those industry updates as well by viewing their respective pages.
- What we’re doing – our goal with this blog is to bring you timely accounting information that is relevant to your business.
- Where – whether you’re at your desk or on the road, our online content is downloadable as well as mobile-enabled to allow you access wherever you need it.
- Why we’re doing it – we’re in the information age. You need information and you need it now. As your trusted advisor we’re in the best position to provide you with the latest and greatest of the accounting industry. We want to do it in a way that allows you to gain an understanding of a topic and empowers you to take action.
- When – we plan to update our blog monthly. Stay tuned!